With changes to the industry, it is our role to adapt to the needs of our investors and follow modernised policies and procedures to ensure that YOU as the investor are receiving platinum service with the lowest possible outgoings- Guaranteed. We pride ourselves on being the most cost effective agents on the peninsula and are more than happy to beat your current managing agent’s monthly fees. We believe that with the technology advances available today there is no a longer a need for overheads like flashy office fronts and associated administration staff. These savings are passed on to you- the investor.
For an obligation free chat, please email or sms a copy of your “fees” page on your current management authority or your latest rental statement.
Property Leasing Process
How does someone apply for my property?
Unlike many other local real-estate agents all open for inspections are conducted with one of our highly trained property managers- keys will never be handed out from our office to allow a prospective tenant inspect alone. We always ask that the prospective tenant fill in an application form, signing giving permission for us to check the information provided.
What if an applicant contacts me?
If in the unlikely chance a prospective tenant contacts you to discuss their application, or in fact ask questions regarding their rejected application, we insist that you simply request that they contact us Seaside Asset Management Group. If they persist we insist that you do not discuss anything further to avoid unnecessary problems and complications.
How do you check an applicant?
With the information provided we confirm their payment and tenancy history by calling their current and/or previous landlord/agent as well as confirming their employment, checking them against a National Tenancy Internet Database (if requested) to see if they have been lodged as a bad tenant by a previous agent. In some cases, where an applicant may not have a tenancy history we try and confirm other information that may give us insight to show their ability to maintain a tenancy in your rental property, for example a stable employment history.
In some cases, where this is not possible we may simply reject the application.
What reason do you give the applicant to reject their application?
Legally we do not have to give a reason and by industry practice we never give a reason.
Who selects the applicant for my property?
You do! We will simply give you the information we have collected and by using our experience give you a possible guide as to the tenancy outcome, but at the end of the day it is always your choice!
Do you guarantee the tenant?
We can never guarantee any approved tenant for your property. We can only attempt to collect information on their past history and confirm their income arrangements. As their paying of rent and maintaining the property is purely voluntary we cannot guarantee any tenancy outcome. This is a landlord risk that comes with allowing someone else to rent your property, we do strongly advise that an adequate landlord policy is taken out at the lease signing stage.
- All non-urgent repair requests from tenants will be attended to within 2 working days of receipt.
- We will not arrange any repairs to your property without your knowledge and approval (unless the repair is defined as “urgent” under the Residential Tenancies Act)
- All reasonable steps will be taken to obtain the best pricing for your repairs and maintenance.
- We have a zero tolerance rent arrears policy.
- We will follow up all rent payments in accordance with our fully documented arrears process, and within the requirements of the relevant legislation
- Should your tenant get to 15 days in arrears, we will contact you to seek your instructions regarding possible termination of the tenancy.
- Should termination of the tenancy be necessary, we will keep you informed throughout the legal process.
- You will be advised once the rent arrears have been paid by the tenant.
- All monies received by us will be banked into your nominated bank account and a rental statement will be sent on the same day of funds transfer (15th or 30th)
Property inspections are conducted in accordance with the residential tenancies act, routine inspections will be conducted every 6 months unless otherwise advised.